Monday, February 2, 2009

Pomegranate

I have had the most wonderful birthday weekend. I could never have asked for such a great time, and I was so lucky to have it! I think perhaps the best part was my birthday cake. Hilarious!
Also, watching Michael Gray wasted is absolutely the funniest event ever, and we really ought to invite him and Dabney to more parties, because they are awesome!!
My parents drove down to see me this weekend, which was in equal measure wonderful and stressful. Not that I don't absolutely love my parents, but on Sunday, I was really, really tired. I fell asleep in Carter's bed at 5am on Saturday and I was coiffed for church at 9:30 on Sunday morning. So, I was very tired. Also, drinking is incredibly dehydrating. My mouth was full of spit on Sunday (I know, really gross) and it was the yucky bubble-spit you get when you're very thirsty. It was awful, but that was the only part of it that was awful.
I couldn't drink that much this weekend, and I'm not sure that I want to. It's like, when I'm sober, I'm a lot unhappier, but I would never drink to just achieve happiness, it also depends on the atmosphere. A lot of people + music + dim lighting + no obligations the next day = good atmosphere. Max's place is pretty fun for that reason. He really needs to get a cat.
On Sunday, after my parents left, I had a wonderful little party where we watched the Superbowl, had delicious food, and drank beer. My roomies made me a small margarita, just because it was my 21st and I didn't go to an actual bar. The mix tasted great, but I just don't like tequila, it's not my beverage o' choice.
There was only one thing that really freaked me out this weekend. I'm not sure how public I should be about it in the first place. On Saturday someone kissed me, and I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. It totally unnerved me, and it was scary. I didn't initiate it, and maybe that's why. I really have no idea, there isn't a logical reason for it. But emotions are rarely contained within the formulas of logic. Regardless, I won't be kissing anyone when I'm drinking. Besides, there are very few people I actually want to kiss.
It's really too bad that Thomas Scott is so cute, because he has a girlfriend. By the way, he told me that even though he thinks I'm really cute, he doesn't want a girlfriend, which suits me just fine...but maybe he doesn't really believe that. Whatever, at least he was honest with me. Also, he got me the cake! So really, he's a good person, and definitely a fun friend to talk to.
That's what I'm very interested in right now: learning more about other people. I can be very selfish, not to mention vain, and I want to change that.
I'm probably being really boring. I'll work on that.

Labels for this post: boring, Happy Birthday, apathy?

1 comment: