Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ambivalent

I think everyone thinks I'm some kind of robot. The other day, I gave Maurice's things back to him at John's recital, and Charlotte looked at me like I was crazy when I finished explaining. She said, "But they're his things!" And I just sort of looked at her, and told her I didn't have emotions. She didn't laugh, she just said, "No, you don't."
That's not even remotely true, but it must seem like it. I'm not offended. I'm pretty sure that there are only two people who have seen or heard me utterly heartbroken, if I may be so emo.
I'm just so sick of lies and deceit. Not little white lies that you tell, like maybe you're in a bad mood because you got a bad grade on something and you tell everyone you're just tired. But I just wish that if people have an opinion about me, like if they really think that Amanda and Maurice are a better-matched couple, I wish they would just tell me, and not continually lie to me while telling everyone else their true opinions. I also feel like people don't want to confess things to me, because they want me to think highly of them. Something like that. I mean, I like to impress people, I suppose, but I'm a very good listener and I generally give good advice. I like to help out and I try very hard to be positive and encouraging.

I really enjoy being around people, and I'm so thankful that I'm an extrovert, because I really don't know how I would handle everything without people. So thank you, everyone, for just being around. It's priceless.

Labels for this post: morose, lies, impressions

2 comments:

  1. I know that you're too good of a person to belittle Queen SlutWhore or wish horrible things on her. That's why I'm here to do it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete