Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fold

I'm in the process of sorting and folding my laundry...I shouldn't be awake, but I am.
It's been a pretty serious trend this semester, this wakefulness at inappropriate times and sleepiness in Psychology (and other various classes) which is equally inappropriate.

I'm really displeased with my second story in Writing Fiction. The concept was great - seriously, I'm really proud of that aspect of it - but I could barely write it. For some reason, I couldn't make the current flow very well. I didn't develop anything to the point where it would be believable, and then I got really tired, so I just killed my main character. Lame.
I'm working on my revision, and I'm trying something new (for me): working backwards. I started from the end and I'm working my way to the beginning. It helps me streamline my brain and the direction of the overall piece. Hopefully, this will work out well.
Let's see...other insights into my own perspective that you didn't know about previously but you suspected all along, except you weren't brave enough to ask me, kind of like how you're not brave enough to wear skinny jeans with beat up sneakers or a sundress with roller skates. Exactly like that.
I would love to go into fashion, especially fashion journalism (if that's a real field and not just a product of my wishful thinking) because I think I'd be pretty good at it. I love to dress people, so if you ever want me to come over and pick out something, just let me know!
I totally will, but you do have to trust me to some degree, providing that I don't tell you to wear one of those M&M costumes on a first date.
=D

Labels for this post: awake, Symphonie Fantastique, roller skates

3 comments:

  1. I just might take you up on that offer, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want fashion journalism. I don't think it's too much to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and Megan would both make fantastic fashion journalists! And yes, we shall pick some outfits out!

    ReplyDelete