Friday, April 24, 2009

Shark Attack

I promise there wasn't an actual shark attack; that would be much more alarming than a blog post. But there you are.
I'm wearing a t-shirt with a cartoon shark that says, "AAHHH!" at the bottom. It's easily the funniest item of clothing I have, and I totally wore it because I had my final fiction critique today.
Some people loved it, and a few hated it. My professor didn't really like it, because it wasn't fictional - it was "creative nonfiction" (oxymoron) so I'm not very pleased with it.
Some people were pretty harsh with it, even though it cleverly written, simply because it's specific to our generation (age o' technology) and our addiction to Facebook.
Also, it is funny. Funny is not allowed.
Then why do I want to write anything at all? I'm not an English major - I'm going to be a music teacher, and I resent that people gave me terrible critiques because I'm not trying to get published. Sue me.

I had some other large philosophical idea that I wanted to impress upon others, but I'm not sure if I feel like that anymore, after complaining excessively about my injured pride. Hmm.
Let's be more positive. I am going to the opera workshop concert tonight with a cute, funny boy who likes to read and play Super Smash Bros.
Yessssssss.

Labels for this post: defensive, random, AAHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment