Monday, April 13, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes when I quickly scan text, I see words that aren't what they appear to be at first. It's pretty interesting - I was just reading through a message and I was convinced that the word "Vagina" was somewhere in the title. It was not.
I'm pretty sure that's how they make movies so enthralling. They'll create a scene, but leave part of the image out, so that your mind has to create it in sequence. You're not supposed to notice it, like the dirty things they put in Disney movies for people who have time to freeze-frame their VCRs and see mermaid penises.
So, how was your day?

This week has already been incredibly stressful, and it's not even remotely close to over. It's times like these when I really just want to sleep - not die or leave or quit my major or anything - I just want a few more hours to sleep, one less obligation.
This is going to sound really strange, and unlike me, but it's days like today that I really miss Maurice. If he were at school, and we were together, today I could have come home to his apartment, watched some Family Guy, made some spaghetti, and he would have listened to me vent about my day (even though it wasn't that stressful). Instead, I called him, which I very rarely do, and he was very kind and listened to me complain for ten minutes.
He's such a good person, and I'm really, really lucky that he isn't like me in some ways.

Let's move on so I don't dwell too much, or too publicly.
I'd like to just list things I like, and if that's irritating, suck it up.
I Very Much Like:
-yogurt pretzels
-classic bubblegum
-A certain very cute guy
-walks
-animals
-Lindsey Fitz
-Ryan McGuire
-proper grammar
-writing in general
-MUSIC (durrrrrr)
-my wifey :)
-cooking
-ballet
-BOOKS
-cynicism
-feminism
-lithography
-Allyson, Jackie, Alexis, and J's apartment!!
-FASHION
-clothes omg!
-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Jesus (actually, I love Him)
-violet
-roses
-faith, hope, and love

Labels for this post: Freudian, morose, favorites

4 comments:

  1. YAYYYYY!!!! :) i'm on the list of things you like! <3 i'm in like with you too ;)

    if you ever need to vent, PLEASE call me--i vent to you all the time, and i'm totally willing to listen to you anytime you want. about ANYTHING! i love helping you--you've helped me so much.

    ps i hate being sick and missing you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a fan of cynicism. And clothes, omg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you... and I made a list of some of my new favorites the other day... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love you Wifey!!!!
    Ps. I absolutley adore your blog :-) You are amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete