Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Duple-faced

I am tired of two-faced people. Really. I think there's a special place in Hell for people who try to start nasty rumors for absolutely no purpose. Fortunately, I managed to stop one from escaping just yet, but I don't think it's going to because it's utterly absurd. I feel like starting a nasty one in return, but that might be considered a truth rather than a rumor. Also, I hear that karma isn't interested in that sort of thing, and I'd like to make a good impression.

Let's move on.

I'm trying to write an essay about love. It's insanely hard. I've never had so much trouble penning something I so desperately want to figure out and understand. I'm trying to put love in my own words: what I think it means, what it contains, and what it doesn't. I'm not making that much headway, but I suspect there are countless books written about this and the authors STILL don't know what's up. I can write about shoes, dresses, makeup, no problem. No glistening. Romance is a little tricky, but I think I've got it down. And I can write about sex, though I choose not to. It's love that's really tricky, and it makes me want to send apologies to anyone to whom I've claimed I loved. I'm not really sure what that entails for me, but I'm not really stressing it. I just want to write it without writing a huge amount and making readers sift for the point. I hate that as a reader.

Mark your calendars for "Where the Wild Things Are". Please. You'll thank me later.

Labels for this post: rumors, blocks, declarations

1 comment:

  1. i love (haha) what you wrote about love up there...i'm inspired to attempt to write about it now (check the blog and see if i followed through...)...and i totally know what you mean about desparately wanting to figure it out and understand it and apologizing to people i've said i love you too (and there's a LOT of em for me). thanks for your unique perspective on life, jenni.

    i truly love you, whatever that means. :)

    ReplyDelete