Saturday, October 17, 2009

Steady

Everything has felt pretty steady to me for several weeks, and I like it. The leaves are steadily changing, the weather is steadily getting colder, I'm steadily improving in my writing and my weirdly stylish clothes. Now if I can just figure out how to be warm and wear dresses, I can deal with the cold. But not the rain. Not ever the rain.

By the way, I saw "Where the Wild Things Are". It's definitely good, and I would recommend seeing it, but it didn't change my life or make me cry. That's something I kind-of pride myself on as a woman: the tendency not to be upset by some stereotypical romantic comedy's (usually neither funny nor romantic) contrived heartwrenching moment. I'll put up with watching them, but I feel bad for not having the correct response.

But I cried like twice watching "Up".

Labels for this post: passage, warmth, Up

No comments:

Post a Comment