Sunday, October 25, 2009

Titles

I like titles. In fact, I've thought of several good titles for my book.

If I ever write a book.

And therein lies the problem: I can think of witty phrases that can suffice for titles, but where is the content when you wipe away the wit? I know for sure that if/when I write a book, it'll be a collection of essays and not a continuous story. Unless it's a children's story, and then I'm not really sure what's going to happen. Maybe I would have a better idea if I could draw with my eyes open.

Regardless, I very much want to write a book someday. Even if I'm too young to have worldly experience or cultural competence. Even if I really have no idea how I define love. Even if I can't tell you the barest definition of quantum mechanics.

Possible titles:

You Eat Underwear (and other funny things that have happened to Jenni Schweitzer)
and
The Diary of a Got Away Girl
[all of these are mine, so don't even think about taking them]

I'll let you know.

Labels for this post: brief, titles, uncertainty

No comments:

Post a Comment