Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm just not an introvert

I've been taking an online class since school was out, and I am failing it miserably. Why? Because I have no idea what's going on. I had no idea I had about seven assignments missing until I received a list yesterday about them - and even then, I'm pretty sure I've turned in at least three of those "missing" assignments.
I'm not angry, just resigned. Without the buffer of twenty other people, general education seems kind-of pointless. Actually, it seems a lot pointless.
Anyway.
I'm attempting to find a job, and it just gets gradually sillier. There's a wonderful coffee shop in our downtown area who will need someone in July, approximately right before I leave to go to Boston. I can't do that to a business, especially a small local business in this economy. I adore small businesses.
I really want to move. As in, to Italy or Germany. I can get to both of those places from either of those places. If I love Europe in theory, it will just be that much better when I actually go there. I'm totally going. I don't know when, but I am definitely boarding a Lufthansa. I hope there will be cake.

I think I'm a bitch. Secretly. The kind of bitch that you don't really expect because I'm a nice person. I'd like to reassure you that I really am a genuinely nice person and that this is just a by-product of a blow to my self-esteem, but I don't think that's true.
The other night, I went to a party. There was a guy there who was very much not my type: blonde, blue-eyed, and a musclehead. He tried to scam on me but I tactfully discouraged him. Later in the evening he came up to me and said, "I'm in love with you," and looked at me very seriously. I laughed, then said, "Yeah, right." And I left. Did I ever mention I think opportunists are disgusting?

Labels for this post: Gen Eds, opportunity, cost

2 comments: