Thursday, September 3, 2009

Appreciation

I appreciate intelligence. I know that's almost like saying "I love my Mom" in Obvious World, but I feel as though I take it for granted that I'm surrounded by intelligent people. Now, don't get all cocky. It's not that great all the time.

I'm really happy today. I'm generally a bubbly, mildly obnoxious person under normal circumstances (with a side of sarcasm) but today I really feel happy down to my little toes. I think my mood must be contagious, because I'm in the library and there's a contented hum of chatter. It reminds me of the first evenings of early summer when the frogs start talking smack about (presumably) the other bitchy sorority frogs.

I very much enjoy Children's Literature. It was a little strange yesterday, though, because I was waiting in line behind a few people to claim a book to present to class.
Observe:
Girl 1: "I'd like to do Meet Felicity." (I bet you $5 she's elementary ed)
Girl 2: "Could I have Nancy Drew?" (Maybe Liberal studies)
Me: "I want Coraline."

So I read it, and I wasn't scared until the end. Then I was kinda freaked out and slept with my light on even though I have to pay my own electric bills. Oy.
Now I'm listing similarities and differences between Coraline and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Yes.

Labels for this post: dark, abstract, contentment

1 comment:

  1. i would have done nancy drew.
    solving mysteries in dresses, thats my kinda woman.

    and i already own all but 5 of the original copies. :)
    <3 kyle

    ReplyDelete