Wednesday, July 29, 2009

S'moresgasbord

If I ever decide to get married, I think that maybe instead of having any variation on cake, I'm going to have a make-your-own s'mores bar. Wouldn't that be infinitely more fun than a large, sticky mass of frosting?
I think so.
Also, I don't really like frosting at all, except on cupcakes - then it's acceptable.

Next week, I'm headed to Boston and NYC with Ashley for some amazingly good times. I really can't tell you how excited I am about this, because it would involve a lot of !!!!!!!! and you just can't get the full effect of anything I say without my facial expressions. They are pretty baller.
Anyway, if anyone knows any really cool and somewhat underground (figuratively) places to go in Boston, please let me know! I would love to check out something off the beaten path, and preferably not something horribly expensive. We're definitely taking the Freedom Trail and the Women's Heritage Trail, and probably checking out the local music scenes, cheap eats, and major city Goodwills. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is paramount to awesome.

All I want in New York City is to mack on some Magnolia cupcakes, preferably with Andy Samberg, but I seriously doubt he'll show up. Perhaps his invitation got lost in the mail, or he misplaced my phone number, or his grandmother died?! There are any number of explanations for this strange lack of contact...and we had such a good time, I felt a love connection...
I am 1000000% joking, by the dubs, and I'm glad of it.
Oh yeah, I also want to go to the H&M on Fifth Avenue. Duh.

Speaking of clothes, I love them. I've purchased four new dresses this summer, and I've discovered that Tulle is a great brand of clothing. It's expensive, but my favorite store was having a major sale on it, so I got several good quality pieces for good prices. I know I'll wear them a lot.
Speaking of spending money on clothes: only do it if the piece you're considering has a timelessness to it. If you'll look like you're trying to look young in five years, it's wayyyyy not worth it.

Put down that $110 Apple Bottom jumpsuit. Please.

Labels for this post: chaotic, cupcakes, cloth

2 comments:

  1. I love cloth. I can't wait to hang with you this year. I mean that - it's one of the things I am really, really looking forward to about school!

    P.S. - You have me beat on the clothes thing. I only have one new dress, some shoes, and a couple pairs of jeans.

    It's too bad I bought that $110 Apple Bottom jumpsuit - probably a bad investment in retrospect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you! Yes, the timeless pieces. Speaking of that! We need another shopping trip!
    I went and had the original Boston Cream Pie as well and it's to die for. I had to run the next day.... But it was so worth it!

    ReplyDelete