Saturday, July 25, 2009

Let's kill a lion and eat the meat!

I was at camp this past week to volunteer. It was awesome - see above.
I learned some new expressions, like "DUH NUH!". It's another way of announcing a situation as the d2 drama. Very exciting.
I really like little kids, especially ones that trail ten feet behind everyone else while singing "Beat It" and are unable to tie their shoes by themselves. Sign me up.

I picked out a few paint options for my room at Sunchase next year, and I'm excited about them. I was going to paint it a deeply saturated violet, but I decided that it wouldn't be in my best interest. It's hard to paint back dark colors. I think I'm going to go with a light, shimmery violet. It sounds weird, but it's pretty and subtle - like me, of course ;)
NOT.
I might be pretty, but I'm also pretty far from subtle. I'm a frustrating sort of person, because I'm terribly impatient but I really like being cryptic. I figure if you're my friend, you'll put up with me because you actually want to, and because I just made you feel obligated.

I've decided that I very much like two fashion things:
- Rompers and
- Doll-like makeup
In case you don't know what a romper is, go shave your face with a food processor. Kidding.
But seriously, do it. (A romper has a similar construction as a pair of overalls, only with shorts instead of pants, like this one http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Bottoms/Shorts/Lovely+Lumberjack+Romper )
I'm getting a romper from Forever 21 for half that price in a mini-floral, and I love it.

Doll makeup is just freaking fun. Outrageous eyelashes, bright flushed cheeks, and bright bow-shaped lips? Yes, please! It's so cute, and not many people attempt it. It's kind of a lot of makeup to apply, but I don't care.
It's really quite amazing how much time you discover when you're not in a relationship, and for me, that's a good thing. I tend to give up too much of myself or nothing at all. Cool, huh?
This is already a pretty long post, so I'm impressed that you've read this far.

No one wants to be defeated.

Labels for this post: scatterbrained, shimmer, romp

1 comment:

  1. Yay rompers and doll-like makeup! I don't think I can pull either of those things off, but you are just cute enough to do it!

    Congratulations on another entertaining blog post.

    ReplyDelete