Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Absent

This morning, one of my professors told me that I was going to have to stop being late to their class. I asked if they had marked me absent again, and they said they had, to which I responded that I was actually there.
I can't really tell you how much this bothers me, mostly because I never miss anything of substance in class. I was about 8 minutes late this morning, and we didn't even begin to discuss anything of importance until probably quarter after. It was immensely frustrating - I'm just a naturally late person and I accept that, but I am not absent in mind or in person.

If you're going to count me absent, give me the option of leaving.

I am also unhappy because the windchill is 24 degrees, and I'm expected to power walk in it. I already have a cold, and it's difficult to sing, and my hearing is NEXT WEEK, and I haven't heard back from my cellist.

I think the world is probably against me today.

I also think that later, I am going to get my work done and watch a movie.

Gahhhhhhhhhh.

Labels for this post: discouraged, cold, sniffly

1 comment: