Monday, November 16, 2009

Conformity

You know, sometimes you see people you know pretty well, and you realize something about them at that moment. It's interesting. I have a friend who I used to think had really great style, and when I saw them recently, I realized that everything about what they're wearing is the utter sameness of most other people our age. It's not inherently bad, but I'm still disappointed. Mostly in myself, because the lack of individuality about this person is so expected that it's more exciting when it rains outside. At least then I get all worked up. I think maybe I'm part cat.

My Mom is coming to town to see our choir concert tomorrow, and I wish I had more time to spend with her so I could take her shopping. She loves shopping in Farmville; she's a total sucker for downtown touristy ambiance. It's something I love about her, and I'm glad she accepts it and lovingly drags me into Ye Olde Overpricede Crafte 'R Us.

I would highly recommend taking Children's Literature. It's such an awesome class, and you can read some of the books in an hour. Plus, they're really cute, and you get to over-analyze them like a mofo. I would also really recommend hot chai tea from Starbucks, and perusing the "Women of the Year" article in this month's Glamour. I read them and got a little teary at the bookstore and into my chai tea. It's a beautiful story.

Don't embrace the ideologies that are fed to you. Wear tuxedos like Marlene Dietrich and speak out when someone calls a girl a bitch for speaking her mind. Actually, be that bitch, and don't apologize for it.

Labels for this post: time, for, class

1 comment:

  1. I apologized. =( Boo on me.

    Oh well.

    Hey p.s. - I like you! Let's go to VMEA this weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete