Saturday, May 8, 2010

Edit

I have several ideas brewing for summer. I feel oddly mischievous about them, even though none of them are actually harmful. My brain is probably processing the nerves and overwhelmed by my imagination and interpreting it as sneaky. Regardless of my possible malfunction, I'm enjoying the prospects.

I spoke to my friend Amy about writing a picture book. About Rapunzel. I don't want to reveal anything more, because I have a suspicion that more people read my blog than subscribe to it publicly. That's okay, but I would much prefer my style to remain un-cramped.

I'm also considering abandoning this blog and creating a new one - a more impersonal one. It's a project that will require some effort and some time, but it intrigues me.

What I would really like to do is stop being cryptic and discuss my projects with my friends to get some useful feedback. That would be wonderful. But I have received an unkind response or two to things I have posted in the past, which leads me back to the inevitable traits of humans.

Basically, if I speak to you in detail about my projects, then I trust you and I want your feedback. Not feedback - your feedback. It's an intimate topic usually broached with barriers made of paper and classroom dynamics, but I suspect that it's harder in real life and much more reliable.

Labels for this post: thoughtful, sneaky, distrust

No comments:

Post a Comment